We Are Talking Brakes!
May 20, 2016
Brakes are probably the most important component on your car with regard to safety but also overlooked until MOT time or when you get a service completed. Actually it is wise to keep a close eye on the performance of your brakes on a regular basis.
- Do your brakes feel less responsive?
- Can you hear any grinding noise coming from any corner of the car?
- Does the brake pedal vibrate when pressed down?
- Do the brakes make a clicking noise when used?
- Is the car pulling to one side?
The brakes are one of the rare part of the mechanics of the car which are exposed so you can take a visual check every so often. The brake pads are too thin if you see less than a ¼ inch visible. If the pads are too thin then they need to be replaced with new brake pads.
If you notice any of the above symptoms its best to be safe than sorry. Bring your car to API Car Repair, we can replace discs and brake pads to keep you safe on the road.