Topping Up Your Liquids!
Jul 8, 2016
Humans need regular hydration to keep us running smoothly or we start to shrivel up, lose energy and focus. We are not able to work at our optimum level. The same goes for your car. There are five main liquids used in your car that need regular checking and levels topping up if needed. If any of these are not maintained the results can range from a minor inconvenience like stopping at the garage as you have no screen wash left to major engine damage from running out of oil.
- Oil - Your engine needs oil to keep the moving parts lubricated so they are not damaged or overheat.
- Radiator Fluid - Keeps your engine from overheating which can lead to a breakdown.
- Transmission Fluid – Keeps the gears running smoothly.
- Power Steering Fluid – Keeps the steering smooth and not stiff or slow to respond.
- Brake Fluid – Keeps the brakes working by reducing friction and wear.
- Coolant – Keeps the car cool and stop overheating.
Each of these need to be checked at regular intervals. We can do this at API Car Repairs for you so you don’t need to get your hands dirty. So drop by and get your levels checked!